Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Its very hot here in Calcutta suddenly. The bus rides to college in the morning don't seem to end. College itself is your usual fare, but lately its been quieter than usual, with two of my friends always involved in some work or the other. Good for them: at least they're keeping busy. I never seem to keep busy. Things might change from today though, with the next test date announced.

The weather however, took a turn for the better near the afternoon. It's cooled down by now. I've cooled down with a glass of lemonade which Ma handed me upon getting back home. Some strange impulse had me unearthing my camera and clicking a few photographs. I've always wanted to keep a photo journal blog, but have never managed to maintain one on a regular basis. Here's me starting again. Or I will be starting, since today I don't have any good photographs to display. I'll post a few old favourites.
Incidentally, I read out a story to another friend of mine sitting on the college ledge today. One of Maupassant's , and I had to read it for a film analysis class in which we compared a film adaptation of the same by Renoir with the text. Fascinating stuff, really. I never did think about adaptations in such a light before...well, maybe I have, but when you're actually being taught something like this, dissecting one element after another its very fun to sit back and listen and see. From where we were sitting, you could spot a crow feeding its young, in a bunch of twigs atop a tree nestled dangerously and flimsily on a branch, just above the lake. My friend suddenly remembered a rather gruesome real incident he happened to witness once: a baby crow had fallen down into a lake, and a water snake had apparently caught hold of it, taken it underwater to drown it. I won't go into what happened next.

Back home, I'm either lolling about, or having trouble deciding how to occupy myself. I'm interested in too many things, but can't seem to focus on any! A dilettante is what I'm turning into. But my friend said today, do you have to be good at everything you do?
Tomb Raider Anniversary is good old fashioned fun.

Terry Pratchett is....I don't know why I haven't read him in all these years. He's too good to be true.

And something is terribly wrong with my camera. Everything's blurry.
Lost.


Oh boy.

2 comments:

  1. terry pratchett is pretty damn divine, yes :) which ones are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZOMG! Kitty picture, too much cuteness. Where did the doggie come from?

    ReplyDelete